Wednesday, August 1, 2007

O the infrequency at which I update

So, I'm at the library and I'm kind of freaked out. A dude walked by a few minutes ago and tapped on the window, and I smiled at him. And NOW I realized that there is a policyman hanging out here. He then went and talked to this old dude who's been sitting across from me at his computer. It's some kind of crazy sting operation!

*is done now*

Anyway, I was -originally- going to start this post with the following:
Eventually I will make the site less crappy looking. Probably once I start updating more.
I will also probably put a list down the side of awesome places that I read everyday ish.

So.

I'm in a new city with my job now, and I have no internet at the hotel; thus, the library.
I'm kind of useless. It's awesome, though, because I'm kind of learning, in that highly freaked out kind of way. I know what I say doesn't really matter, and so I don't feel any push to learn anything. Or something. Its strange. I'm not like madly trying to cram things. Generally, I just don't have any -experience- and so its difficult. It's not like they're going to ask me for my opinion in terms of site formation, because I don't know. But I should be able to identify profiles. And -despite- what everyone says, 10YR5/6 and walking about Mongolia doesn't cut it. Micromorph in Mongolia would have been cool. But that would require geologists to be, you know, involved. In a more than radiocarbon dating sort of way.

But I digress.

I tried to sign up for classes, which is frustratingly difficult. Why? Because I'm blocked. Why? Because they NEVER RECIEVED MY GRE SCORE. Not the official one anyone. *is irritated* I know I sent it, but we'll just have to figure out how to rectify that. I think we will start by getting the correct address to send it to. So, I would be totally stoked about the whole signing up for classes thing, but I cant.

The move is progressing slowly. I don't want to talk about it.

No comments: