Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A good day

On the work front, I'm probably going to be Done done tomorrow. The pros: more time with M. The cons: less money. I think it's probably a toss up. I kinda really need the money. If I can get into my TAMU account, it will be all well, but I might not be able to. I still haven't heard from them as to whether I need to resend my scores. On the upside, M is very cuddly.

I was thinking about second job kind of stuff... Starbucks might be good, from the benefits standpoint. However, I don't really like coffee. The writing center at TAMU seems like a good job, and while I could probably handle helping undergrads, I don't really have any experience, and I don't think my writing is particularly good. I mean, I -can- write, obviously, but not in any professional capacity. Right now, none of this is an issue. I'll figure something out next semester.

Incidentally, the -good- news that instigated this whole post is that M will be able to work his current job from Texas. So, rock on. He'll get all the benefits associated with staying there a year, while still being able to come with me. Unfortunately, he has to stay up here until October. His biggest worry about that? That the house will be waaay too messy when he finally moves down. Silly boy.

No comments: