Thursday, July 5, 2007

The first post

I have done this too many times.

"O crap, I haven't talked to anyone in ages. Do they want to know whats going on? Some people do, I know, because I've been yelled at. How do I solve this problem? O yes, silly things like LJ. Okay lets do that. Wait, didn't I already have one of those? What's the password again? Nevermind, I'll just make a new one!!!"

Fastforward two months and the thing is collecting cyber cobwebs. O well.

So what is this, then? No, I will never learn. I'm trying for, hopefully, the last time.

This is a journal in the most literal sense. I.e. a recording of events as they happen to me, or as I plan them to happen, and then what happens when things don't go to plan...
The purpose is to keep people who I love informed about my doings. Why can't I just tell people via normal means i.e. phone calls, letters, and visitings? Because I suck, and forget.
There's no other way to explain it. I simply forget that I do things, and that in order to maintain friendships I need to interact with other people. I'm rather positive that I could not have survived in time period other than my own.

I will try to avoid being introspective, because that's just silly.

No comments: