Monday, February 8, 2010

Of raindrops and pigs

 Since I presume no one is reading my blog (and this is thus an exercise in futility?), no one would really know this.

But I am mildly obsessed with Olivia.  This is Olivia:
She's a children's (picture) book character.  I think I have two of the books?  Anyway, they now have all this *merchandise* associated with.  And since I am in fact, and consumerist whore, I want to own them all. (I may have a bit of the 'collector' bug.  And this is totally unrelated to the archaeology, I swear.)  Since I don't, this is only a mild obsession.  You just wait until I have kids, though.

Anyway, for Xmas, or my birthday, or something, my sister got me this really cute teacup:
See the little plastic handle poking out?  That's a tea strainer.  And the lid to keep the steam in!  *swoon*

Anyway, I wanted to microwave, so I searched to see if I could find any info on the mug.  And I discovered they have whole *line* of related ... things.  Not to mention that much of it is food related?  And largely functional?  This is so whimsical that I can ignore the creepy patriarchal undertones of the classic tale that we now know (though I daren't linger on the fact that the wolf is actually *holding* the umbrella for our little hoodling).  In this cute context, clearly we've gotten past that (perhaps one could even argue that this is a representation of the feminist ideal future, where little girl and wolf can live in harmony?).  In any case, the realization of a much larger line of adorableness is again tugging on my materialistic tendencies.  (Yes, I suppose that is a long winded way of saying, to quote a friend:  WANT)

1 comment:

Sachiko said...

Piggie1230,

You are one of the winners of the Tea Rose Home 2nd Anniversary Amy Butler Design Pattern Giveaway. Please send me an email with your shipping info.

Thanks,

Tea Rose Home